Good Friday morning friends,
We trust that you have had a good week. Our LPD Board met yesterday afternoon, and we fine-tuned our preparations for our upcoming LPD Conference.
We also welcomed our latest LPD Church Planting Missionary to the family. His name is Youngcheng (Bruce) Li, and he is an intern at Grace EFC. Bruce and his wife Hannah are from Mainland China and have also lived and served in South Korea and United States before coming to Canada and our region. Bruce is interning with Stephen Leung, and is ministering at the Richmond campus and also with Chinese students on the campus of Trinity Western University. Welcome Bruce, Hannah and children Martin and Nancy!
Bruce and Nancy Li are now our fifth Church Planting Missionaries, joining Philip and Grace Yung (Multi-ethnic Church Plant), Steve and Gillian Sharpe (The Rock), Stephen Leung (Grace EFC) and Jonathan and Harmony Ng (Servants Vancouver).
With our LPD Church Planting Missionary program, our district, in partnership with church plants and missions, will bring a person on as an employee, with a faith-budget. We take care of receiving, administering and receipting funds on their behalf and take care of payroll. This service is intended to free them to focus on their ministry until their church plant is ready to incorporate and register with CRA, when they can function as an, “autonomous and interdependent” member church of our district and the EFCC. Both The Rock Christian Fellowship and Grace EFC are nearing this milestone.
LPD Conference is coming up on March 7,8—2014 at Langley EFC!
Here are a few highlights:
Our theme is, “Living the Story,” living out the gospel in our lives and churches, and before our watching world.
- We look forward to several speakers sharing with us. These will include pastors, district personnel and church leaders – we will learn from one another and encourage one another in living out the gospel in our various settings.
- We anticipate two church plants (Grace EFC and the Rock Christian Fellowship) will be joining our district as member churches.
- At our banquet on Friday evening, we will hear stories of God’s work from several churches and church plants in a variety of settings.
- We will receive reports and make decisions on the ministry of our district.
- We will have opportunities for fellowship and prayer together.
- Ladies and women in ministry will enjoy a fellowship luncheon on Saturday.
Please see the attached brochure and letter of invitation.
Thanks for your partnership! As we begin a new year and partner with churches and church planting missionaries, we value your partnership! Your gifts to our Lower Pacific District and Church Ministry Endowment Fund enable us to resource and encourage these missionaries and church plants, and also to provide financial support to them. We currently have four LPD Church Planting Missionaries and are resourcing several church plants. Your partnership and that of your church is both appreciated and needed. Please see our LPD website at http://www.lpd-efcc.ca/ for more info.
May God bless and keep you through this weekend!