Constitution and Bylaws

Any changes to a church’s constitution and by-laws must be registered with the societies office in Victoria.  They scrutinize constitutions, but bylaws are simply filed as the current working ones.

The government website with further information is: The bottom left of that page is information about changing constitutions & bylaws.  There is a $50 charge for any changes.  It mentions that all changes must be made on a special resolution form.  You will find that form at: Note that this is a form you can fill in on line before it is printed & signed.  Check the special resolution box.  This must be sent to Victoria in duplicate.

Societies’ Act

Maintaining your Society

Leave a Reply