Administration Resources

Constitution and Bylaws

Any changes to a church’s constitution and by-laws must be registered with the societies office in Victoria.  They scrutinize constitutions, but bylaws are simply filed as the current working ones.

The government website with further information can be found at the links below.  The bottom left of that page is information about changing constitutions & bylaws.  There is a $50 charge for any changes.  It mentions that all changes must be made on a special resolution form.  You can find that form here. Note that this is a form you can fill in on line before it is printed & signed.  Check the special resolution box.  This must be sent to Victoria in duplicate.

Annual filing requirements as a registered charity in canada:
New BC Societies Act